basmati rice, naan bread, katchumber salad
Black tiger shrimp simmered in an onion-tomato masala sauce. It is usually accompanied by steamed basmati rice or naan. This Indian-inspired shrimp curry dinner is an easy way to change up your typical dinner fare.
Curry leaves are natural flavoring agents with a number of important health benefits, which make your food both healthy and tasty along with giving it a pleasant aroma. They contain various antioxidant properties and have the ability to control gastrointestinal problems such as indigestion.
In Your Bag
ONE BAG SERVES 2 ( 2 BAGS SERVES 4 )
- Chefs Masala Sauce
- Basmati Rice
- Naan (2pc pkg)
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Cumin Infused Oil
- Hot Kashmiri Chili
- Salt & Pepper
- Spice Blend
Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for 5 minutes.
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice )
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Prep the Main
- Wash and cut Tomato in half, setting half aside for side dish and cutting the other half in quarters.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low (non-stick, recommended ) add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and sauté for a minute until golden
- Add Shrimp, the Curry Spice Blend, Curry Leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the Masala Sauce and the cut Tomato then mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
(OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- If too thick add a small amount of water as the desired mix well and cook for 2 minutes
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste and garnish with chopped Cilantro.
- For a thicker sauce simmer for additional 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat while mixing and stirring it continuously until the sauce thickens.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your Side
- Dice the half of Tomato, add diced Cucumber and Cilantro.
- Cut and squeeze Lemon, add Salt and Black Pepper. Mix all the ingredients well and serve chilled
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Shrimp Masala and Cucumber Salad between 2 -3 plates. Serve each with warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre-portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the quantities of the ingredients is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.