Paneer Tikka Masala
basmati rice, naan bread & cucumber yogurt salad
Paneer tikka masala is an Indian dish cube of paneer, Indian cottage cheese in a rich flavorful creamy tomato sauce and cream. It is usually considered as a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala.
Paneer is prepared by adding food acids, such as lemon juice, vinegar, or yogurt to hot milk to separate the curds from the way. The curds are drained in muslin or cheesecloth and the excess water is pressed out. The resulting paneer is dipped in chilled water for 2-3 hours to improve its texture and appearance.
In Your Bag
ONE BAG SERVES 2 ( 2 BAGS SERVES 4 )
- Paneer Cubes
- Tikka Masala Spice
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Hot Kashmiri Chili
- Basmati Rice
- Tikka Masala Sauce
- Cumin Infused Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Unsalted Butter
- Naan (2pc pkg)
- Cucumber Yogurt
- Sour Cream
Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice )
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Take a pan, on a medium flame, add Butter, Tikka Masala Spice, saute for a minute and then add the Paneer/Cottage Cheese.
- Now add Tikka Masala Sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
(Optional) - Add Heavy Cream. Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- Add salt to taste and garnish the sauce with the Fenugreek.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your side
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced Tomato and Cucumber with the Sour Cream and Yogurt.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Paneer Tikka Masala and Cucumber Raita between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre-portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the quantities of the ingredients is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.