Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add Salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Add the Seasoned Lamb, saute and cook evenly on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Curry Sauce and the Meat Masala, then mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the Chicken Broth, mix well and cover and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
(OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- Add a tablespoon of Yogurt mix well, simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add Salt to taste and garnish with Cilantro.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your Side
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced Tomato and Cucumber with the Sour Cream and Yogurt.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Lamb Roganjosh and Cucumber Raita between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the ingredients quantities is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.