Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2 :1 water : rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add Salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Add the Onion, Green & Red Peppers and saute' for 3 minutes.
- Add the Paneer and the Curry Spice Blend, then mix gently.
- Add the Masala Sauce and 1/2 of the container of Yogurt. Along with the Fenugreek, then toss gently and add Salt/Pepper to taste.
(OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, mix gently and cook 3-4 mins stirring constantly.
- For a thicker sauce, simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes over medium low by mixing and stirring it continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
Warm the Bread
- Pre heat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your Side
- In a medium bowl, combine the Plain Yogurt, Sour Cream and Cucumber. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Kadai Paneer & Vegetable and Cucumber Raita between 2 plates. Serve each with warm Naan and Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe
Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the ingredients quantities is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.