basmati rice, naan bread & cucumber yogurt salad
Chicken karahi, also known as Kadai chicken, is a dish from the Indian subcontinent noted for its spicy taste; it is notable in Pakistani and North Indian cuisine. It’s a popular north Indian dish that’s made with a few freshly ground whole spices and is known for its incredible flavor.
Kadai or Karahi is a wok-like dish which is a type of thick circular deep cooking pot from the Indian subcontinent, traditionally made in a cast iron, that gave stability on the stove.
In Your Bag
ONE BAG SERVES 2 ( 2 BAGS SERVES 4 )
- Curry Spice
- Basmati Rice
- Cumin Infused Oil
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Masala Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Onion, R&G Peppers
- Plain Yogurt
- Naan (2pc pkg)
- Hot Kashmiri Chili
- Salt & Pepper
Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add Salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Add Chicken and saute for 2 minutes till it turns white.
- Now add the cut Onion, Pepper and saute.
- Add the Masala Sauce, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
(OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- Add the Curry Spice and a tablespoon of Yogurt mix well.
- Add the Fenugreek and cook for 4 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Garnish with Chopped Cilantro.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your side
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced Tomato and Cucumber with the Yogurt.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Kadai Chicken and Cucumber Raita between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the ingredients quantities is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.