Channa saag is a classic Indian curry made with chickpeas, loads of spinach, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and spiced with homemade garam masala.
In Your Bag
- Spinach puree
- Basmati Rice
- Onion tomato masala
- Garam Masala
- Cumin Seeds
- basmati Rice
- Fried Onion
- Heavy cream
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Naan (2pc pkg)
1)Cook the Rice
- Rinse Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked in water.
- Pour Basmati Rice into a strainer to remove water.
- In a small pot heat 2 cups of water to boil.
- Add the soaked Basmati Rice to the pot of boiling water, salt to taste and splash with Olive Oil to help prevent water from boiling over and rice from sticking.
- Cook 8 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover, turn off the heat and let set for 2 minutes. Finally, remove cover and fluff rice with a fork.
2) Cook the main:
- In a large pan (nonstick ), heat the oil on medium high add cumin to crackle
- Add the chickpea and the spice blend, saute for 2 minutes
- Add the masala sauce and spinach puree mix well and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes
- Optional hot kashmiri chili powder for extra heat
3) Toast the Nan (Bread)
Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the bread on the middle rack for under 2 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and serve hot.
4) Make your side
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt and cucumber
- Add some or all of the remaining sour cream if you want it creamy.
- Drizzle the salad with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
5) Plate your Dish
- Divide the rice chicken tikka masala and cucumber salad between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm naan. Enjoy!
Whether you are cooking for one, two, three or four the procedure for adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different number of portions is the same